Sunday, December 9, 2012

Be Afraid...

As I look back over the first 8 days of my Christmas Blog Month, I can't help but notice that I have written a LOT of posts about food. This is a valid reason that my favorite blue jeans should be afraid...be very afraid. I have many favorite foods throughout the year, but at Christmastime, I seem to find my favorites at every turn...at home, at work, and at holiday get-togethers, I am surrounded by foods that don't fit into my eating plan. I'm doing my best to eat sensibly, everything in moderation and all, and I don't think I'm doing too badly. Still, today I will take a break from the foods to help a dear friend face a very real fear.
What?...I'm just chillin'.
No, black cat is not afraid of anything this Christmas...here, take a closer look:
The back of that ornament reads:
"Oh, no! Here comes the cat!"
The tree (or at least that one ornament) appears to be VERY afraid, indeed! lol! This is one of my favorite Hallmark ornaments, and it has found it's way onto the tree every year since it was purchased. Sometimes it hangs in the front, and sometimes in the back, but always close to the bottom, where the cats can get to it. It just seems like the right thing to do!

Do you have a favorite ornament on your tree?

PS - For an even better pic of this ornament (but in blue), this blogger wrote a similar post last year...

No comments:

Post a Comment