Saturday, November 24, 2012

Oh, Balls!

Oh, excuse me! I didn't know you were there...what a title, eh? Well, I just couldn't help myself. You see, lately I've been knitting...well, balls! See?
Balls? Where? I don't see any balls.
It looks like Black Cat is not interested in my balls. That's ok...these are really for Peanut anyway...
Peanut has dogs.
TELL ME THE DOGS ARE NOT HERE!!!
Peanut and her parents (and the dogs) live in another state. But they will be coming to Gramma and Pop Pop's house next month (yay!), and she loves her BeeBees (balls)! So, Gramma thought she'd knit some more...you can never have too many balls to play with!
Oh, here they are...now I see them.
What do you think of the balls, Black Cat? Are they fun?
They're...ok...I guess...
They're just "ok" you say? I really thought you'd enjoy them more than this. Look how roly-poly they are!
Well, I like the blue one.
Oh. I see. You only like the blue one...I suppose it's ok to have a favorite. Which one do you think Peanut will like best?
Hard to tell. She likes pink...and purple...I think.
Haha! Yes, you're right! She does like the pinks and purples!
But the blue one is still MY favorite.
You still think the blue one is the best, huh? Well, you sure are good at batting it around! Hey, look! I caught it!
You did. Roll it back. Now. Please?
Maybe you're right.  Maybe the blue one is the best of this bunch after all! Regardless of color, the balls are a fun knit, and so quick! Each one only took about an hour or so, cast on to bind off. Everyone should knit balls (to play with)!

If you're looking for something fun to knit (for kids, or cats, or just to play with), you can find the "recipe" on my project page for Knitted Balls. It's a G-rated project, I promise! You can add some catnip when you stuff (if you need to, they are pretty fun even if kitty is sober), but be sure to hold onto the kitty's keys before he or she partakes of the party-balls! Wow, knitted balls are so good, in so many ways! Go make some!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like she just doesn't have the energy for swatting a ball today. Maybe she's still in a post-Thanksgiving sloth like the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete