Wednesday, September 28, 2011

We now return you to the regularly scheduled knitting...kinda

Back to the knitting today. . .err, I mean crochet!
My latest project is a crochet afghan. So far, here's where I am: This pile of 20 white squares, about 8 1/2 inches each, is just waiting for it's borders and the join. I have decided that I am only willing to do 20 squares for a 4x5 afghan, but I need the afghan to be a bit bigger when it's all said and done. I started in white, but then decided to work a lacy border around each square, and join with a crochet chain. I know I have seen this technique elsewhere, not sure just where. . .but crochet is in my blood, so I am sure I can figure it out. I worked on these squares last week at the farm, and Peanut came to visit Joey the llama. . .I know you want to see a picture of that!!!My biggest dilemma so far has been whether to work this all in white or to add color(s). I opted for the latter, in a subtle way. . .you can see that 12 of the squares have already received their first round of color (an off-white), and this will be followed by a tan round. After that, there is a chocolate brown in my stash that will edge them all once more before the joining round. I think it's going to be pretty fantastic, so I can't wiat until it all comes to pass and I can show off the finished product! That's the crochet update, and now. . .

We return you to the regularly scheduled knitting!. . .which has kind of taken a hiatus. . .there are a pair of socks, a hat, a scarf and a sweater on my needles, but there has not been (and will not be) much progress on these until the afghan is complete (hopefully this weekend?). Come to think of it, the girls (Dollface, Wifey-Poo and Peanut) have started to make their winter-wear knitting requests, so I'm not sure when those four projects willb ecompleted. . .but there should be knitting content in the blog every week, nonetheless! Love the knitting (and crochet)!!!

That's it for now. There's still a SALE IN THE SHOP, and this code is good for 10% off until the end of September: 10SEP11TEN. That's 10% off anything you order, even sale items (some as low as $5!).

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment