Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sunshine and Shadows. . .and stuff

If "Sunshine on my shoulder makes me happy. . .," then what does sunshine in my shoes do? I mean, like when I have a very favorite pair of hand-knit socks, in a yarn I loved knitting, in colors that lift my spirits. . .what does that do for me? Well, you probably know that sunshine in my shoes can make me smile! Except. . .this past Saturday, when I went to get my favorite socks out of the wash, I found this:
Oh, s. . . well, nevermind! I thought about darning it, as a matter of fact, I had very recently darned it's mate, when I saw signs of wear on the heel. . .but this one? I deemed this one just too far gone. . .sigh! Soooo, I cut off the bind off (this had been a toe-up dealio). . .

. . .and I frogged the whole pair. Ugh!

On the brighter side, I plan to make some fingerless mitts out of this yarn, so at least I will still get to see it. . .in the fall, I suppose. Also on the brighter side of things, here is a little bit of sunshine and Sweetie from last Saturday for me to share with you!:

Yup. . .another walk in the park for us. . .and this time Dollface came along, too! It was such a sunny day, that even the shadows were fun! There we all are. . .Dollface on the right, and Sweetie in the middle, and me (arm raised, camera-phone poised to capture the shadow) on the left!

Saturday was a day of sunshine, and shadows, and you know what else? A snake!

Awwwww! Isn't he (or she - can you tell? Yeah, me neither. . .) cute?!? I like little garter snakes. . .the kind that you can call cute without ever worrying if they will sneakuponyou and strangle the living breath right out of you, or bite you on the you-know-what! One of the Snakes I know and love best is Dollface's Snake, so I have been working on socks (almost plain vanilla, in DK yarn) for him:

. . .and I have also been working on socks for me! The lace on the sides is from Fool's Rush, but the tops are just simple 2x2 rib.Ahhh, there is nothing better than a sunny Saturday (and Sunday) to work on socks and see some fun shadows! Oh, the other thing I have been doing since Saturday is totally turning a blind eye to the dying of that gorgeous capelet. . .I can't bring myself to do it! I even went ahead and bought some red yarn (to match the flower girl's sweater) to re-knit the thing. . .yep, the dying has me scared to death! lol!


So off I go, to work and to knit, and to work on some other stuff too. Thanks for stopping by. I hope that your days are filled with sunshine (literal and figurative)!


Knit in Good Health!


Today's blog is brought to you by the letter "s" and the number infinity. . .how can I possibly have so many things to talk about? lol

1 comment:

  1. So excellent that there were no ssskunksss in this ode to 's'. ;-)

    ReplyDelete