Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Not a Wordless Wednesday

As a matter of fact, it's more like a photo-less Wednesday. That's partly because my knitting has been all in the secret category, and partly because I have been pretty busy with other things in life over the past couple weeks. It's all good, just busy. Unfortunately, it's not the kind of busy that I would normally blog about. . .you know, routine Dr. appointments, haircuts, housecleaning, and work stuff. . .so here I am this week, sans photos! Forgive me?

What I do have to offer, however, are some random suggestions (with links) that you might enjoy! First up, one of my favorite bloggers and podcasters is Wonder Mike of the Fiber Beat podcast. Wonder Mike is full of tips and tricks for your knitting, as well as interviews that are informative and entertaining all over his podcast. He even has a couple of video casts that are really good. . .and entertaining! You should check Mike out on the Fiber Beat! (Psst! He's on Ravelry, too!)

Next suggestion is Knit Picks. I know, I know, all you knitters out there already know about Knit Picks, and you probably know about their current contest (where you could win up to $100 of the stuff on your wish list), but have you entered? I have, here's my list! Bonus here, they have a bunch of kits and other items on sale (many will be discontinued, from what I saw), and several of their yarns are retiring colors, although there are still good quantities of many of them.

Lastly, you all know that I am a fan of social media! Well, to further prove my fandom, I have started a Facebook page for Pretty Knitty Jewelry! I already have 15 "likes" for the page, but I'd like to have many more, so if you are on FB, hop over here and like me! I like to be liked. . .doesn't everybody?

Well three suggestions for a Wednesday that is not wordless. Now, off to work with Pretty! Thanks for stopping in. . .

Knit in Good Health!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for WonderMike and Knit Picks and of course your facebook Page (which I am proud to say I was one of the first likers-is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just discovered Knit Picks, before that I used to order from the Patternworks magazine. I like that Knit Picks is so organized, I can always find the right gauge yarn and I don't get distracted with different brands and different shapes and sizes of skeins. It helps me stay focused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pictures? Not even chunks of stuff so it was unrecognizable? It's all good I am sure that you will have lots of photos and blog fodder when the holidays are over since you are keeping us in suspense.

    ReplyDelete