Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Counting Sheep. . .and Cats. . .

I wonder if sheep and cats get along. . . Does anyone know? I sure do hope so, or my most recent polymer clay project will be doomed as I mail it off to it's rightful owner! You see, I had a request for some crochet counters, and she said perhaps sheep or cats. Sounded like a challenge. I hope I rose to the occasion, and that she will like the sheep. . .
. . .and the cats. . .. . .because, really, how cute are these little guys!!! I think I love them. . .and it will be hard to send them away. I think I can manage, though, because they are leaving some friends behind, and they would also like to be made into counters for the shop! I had a busy time this week with the polymer clay - Yay!
This customer is an avid crocheter, and she has ordered 4 counters total. At first I thought, "Whoa! She crochets a lot!" Then, I remembered a baby project I am currently working on, and how much I also love crochet! I mean, I am an obsessive knitter, to be sure, but my roots are in crochet. . .my Grandma (on my Dad's side) taught me when I was but a wee lass. . .that's why I make crochet counters in my shop, too!These are kinda cool, because the markers double as row markers. . .you just place them after every ten rows to keep track of how far you have crocheted! The main counter (with the numbers) is placed close to the top of the work, and moved up as necessary. But, you don't have to move it every row. . .instead, you just slip the elastic, seed-bead marker past a number bead as you complete each row. With the set, you can mark 100 rows of crochet! (Normally, I make this set with a different style hook at the top of the number counter, but the lobster-claw clasp was a special request. I love custom orders. . .never a dull moment in my studio!)

And, for your viewing pleasure, here are all four counters, completed in the middle of the night, when I am sometimes very crafty. Of course, sometimes I am pretty silly in the middle of the night, so that's where the "whimsy" comes in. . .but a little whimsy in the crafting is a good thing, don'tcha think?
Now that I have blogged, I am off to let the customer know that her order is ready! I sure am excited, and I hope that she loves them as much as I loved making them! Thanks for the order, Dianne!

I hope that you will Knit. . .and Crochet. . .in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwwww....how cute are THOSE? I'm especially crazy about the sheep. You are SO creative, Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very KNifty! I love the shees...adorable (as are the cats but I love the sheep!)

    ReplyDelete