Wednesday, November 3, 2010

At the speed of what?

Considering that I finished my November socks on November 1st, I would say that I am currently knitting at a pretty good speed! I may be slower than the speed of light, or even sound, but I feel like I am keeping a respectable pace for a Christian with a major, religious, gift-giving holiday and a brand-new grand baby on the horizon! Sooo, without further ado, I present to you the November Marriage Lines socks:
. . .and the crowd goes wild!. . .

I loved knitting these socks, and I wish I could get a really excellent photo, but this lovely yarn just does not want you to see it's loveliness. . .or perhaps the socks don't want you to see their loveliness, lest you would turn green with envy of my woolly, warm, Pretty feet! Yes, that must be it. . .green would surely clash with the sweetness that is this Sawa-Sawa sock yarn from Okay Knits. . .and truly, jealously looks pretty bad on most people. So, my socks are just saving you from yourself, really. And there they are, doing that in a most fashionable and relaxed way!

The knitting that is definitely NOT relaxed at Pretty's house these days is the BABY KNITTING! I am pretty jazzed to be knitting for a darling baby girl, and I'm knitting as fast as I can to finish as much as I can before the baby shower next month! Here is the beginning of my second project:It's gonna be pretty, but not pink. However there will be lace, and that will make up for the lack of pink, I think! And, as with the booties, I am knitting as fast as I can! Army Boy and Wifey Poo will certainly understand if all of my projects are not finished by the shower, but I still want to have a good showing!

Still, I feel conflicted. . .there are still 2 Christmas projects yet to be started, and a pair of December socks (I have made it this far in my self-imposed sock club - I cannot fail in DECEMBER!). Must. Knit. Faster.

. . .said the knitter to no one in particular, as she realized how close year-end is getting to be!

You know what else moves pretty fast at Pretty's house? That's right, it's College Girl. When she is not knitting, she is in class or (most recently) at her NEW JOB! Doesn't she look professional?
Well, she looks pretty professional when she is not going at warp speed, or running away from her crazy-mother-with-the-camera-habit!

"What? You actually took that picture, Mom?!? What's the matter with you? We need an intervention."
(Disclaimer: College Girl is much too loving to have said any of that. . .but a picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it?)

As much fun as blogging has been today, I hear some Italian yarn calling me. It wants to be a lacy, baby sweater, and who am I to deny it that simple pleasure? Thanks for stopping by!

Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment