Creepy, huh? Of course, that's not really what I wanted to talk about today. . .the movie, that is. I want to talk about getting out, as in getting things out of my house, as in getting the "crap" out of my house. I saw that a fellow blogger (Created Hands Creating Blog) had joined into a "Get the Crap Out of My House Challenge" in blogland, and so I looked around my own house. . .look what I found!
Creepy, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. No wonder I feel like even my small yarn stash is running out of places to hide! So I am joining in. I know that it won't happen overnight, and I am not even aspiring to make it all happen by any particular deadline. I'd just like to look at this as more of an opportunity for a "lifestyle change." Here are my strategies:
- Each week, I would like to throw something away that I have been looking at for too long without using. This should clear out some of those hobbies I have not been into, and some other assorted things I probably won't miss.
- As I look around at all the things I
desperately need to dustshould be dusting regularly, I will try to get rid of more of the knicky-knacky things, thereby reducing the need to dust.
- Perhaps by Christmas, I'd like to get into the attic and get rid of some of the boxes of stored items that I never pull out, and that I never intend to pass down to the kids. Hopefully, that will save them some headaches when I'm gone!
- When I put something aside, from now on, I will try to mark it with the date it was put aside. If I don't miss it in
6 months3 months, I will toss, sell or give it away.
- I will not feel badly about parting with my stuff. . .especially the stuff I don't really "play with" anymore.
- Encouraging my blogging and knitting buddies to play along! If you have crap that you'd like to get out of your house, well, what's stopping you?!? C'mon!
Yep! It's a Lifestyle Change! It all starts with a bunch of good intentions, right? Well, there are my intentions! Of course, even just my intentions are tiring out this blogger today! Well that, coupled with some helmet shopping we did earlier: