Saturday, July 10, 2010

Android vs. Blackberry

But first, knitting content! After all, this is a knitting blog!

More babies on the way, everywhere I look! This sweater is neither masculine nor feminine, and I have picked a rich color, called Hollyberry, in Knit Picks' Swish DK. The Lutzling pattern says it uses less than 100g for the smallest size (which I am knitting), and I have 100g of the yarn (2 balls), but I am not convinced. . .I ordered more of the yarn this afternoon. . .just in case! In any case, though, I love how it's coming along!
And now, for the great debate. It has nothing to do with basketball, and everything to do with technology. You see, my cell phone contract is up in October of this year, and while I am planning to stay with my current provider, I will be eligible for an upgrade to a new phone. Army Boy and Wifey Poo just got Droids, which I tried not to drool on (too much) while they were home for their recent visit. . .it's a hard phone not to drool over.

But I can't help but wonder if it's really worth it to pay a monthly fee to the cell-phone company for a smart-phone when I could just get a little net-book computer. . .one-time fee, Wi-Fi service everywhere I look, it seems. I guess I still have 3 months to ponder the issue. . .but I am so totally unsure of what I really want. . .sigh!

But, I could not spend the last couple days of my vacation stressing, so Sweetie and I took a walk in the park this evening. We saw flowers that bud and bloom upside down. . .
. . .and white, sunburst flowers that smelled sooooo sweet, reminding me of wild honeysuckle. . .they were growing on a tree, super-fragrant. . .
. . .attracting honey bees and butterflies! Soooo pretty!
On the other side of the park was this vibrant moth! Color was everywhere, but I think my favorite color for this walk was black. . .
. . .as in ripe, juicy blackberries on the bush!
He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me. He loves me not. . .

He went into the blackberry bushes, with all the bees and brambles, and brought berries to Pretty! He definitely loves me!!!!!
Thank you, Sweetie!

So, for today, the berries win! The ripe, juicy, sweet Blackberry wins, and I will worry about technology tomorrow. After all, my belly is full o'berries, and there's a bunch o'yarn waiting for me at home!
Knit in Good Health!

5 comments:

  1. Droid Droid Droid.....but then blackberries are delicous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotta see what a Droid is...

    Love the sweater and I'll bet those berries were berry delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to replace our phones in December: Microsoft bought out Sidekick and then shut it down because it competed with theirs--destroying the stored data and making two million T-Mobile customers angry. Microsquish didn't even let us import our contact data to our new phones.

    My husband, a software geek, adores his Droid. Me, I got an LG NV Touch, and it has a few stupid things about it but it's a lot cheaper, it is a smartphone, and it'll do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If you are having trouble deciding between a Blackberry or Andriod, take a look at this post that explains some crucial differenced between the two. It really helped me out.

    http://links.maas360.com/blackberryVsAndroid"

    ReplyDelete
  5. my boys and I just went through this, they got BBs because they wanted all the bells and whistles. I got just a plain phone (with a big screen and letters/numbers) that does texting becuase I didn't need to spend the extra $$ every month to try and "surf the web" on a screen only barbie could see. Hate the phone (because I don't know how to use it yet) but glad I didn't spend the extra

    ReplyDelete