Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spicy Saturday!

Wow! I look happy to be finished with the Salsa Sweater! Haha! . .and I am! It was a fun knit (sorry, friends! There is no actual pattern. . .I improvised, using a generic, Sweater-Wheel pattern generator I found online, and added in some lace that struck my fancy and some twisted stitches that I kinda made up for diamond effects in this spicy knit.) I love how it turned out, and the only thing I would change is that the distance between the waistband and armhole split could be a little short. I think I underestimated "the girls" for this one! lol


There are more details on my Rav Project Page for this one, and if you have knitted a sweater or two from any general pattern, you can do something similar. . .I just know you can!


I guess it all evens out, though, because I seem to have overestimated the size of my feet for the March through February socks (March Sock Kit that I eagerly started in Feb.)! These socks fit, but are a tad loose and long in the foot, to be sure, BUT my good friend and co-worker has graciously agreed to take them off of my hands so that I need not be reminded of my sock-knitting shortcomings so frequently! lol, and thanks, Friend! Wear them in good health, and then go knit your own socks! Wearing hand knit socks is the gateway to the sock-knitting addiction, and I am supremely happy to open that gate wide for ya! Haha!
Another reason I am so darn smiley in my Salsa is that the weather is starting to get a little spicy around here, too! Look at the hyacinth:
The sun is shining, the temperatures are coming up gradually over the last couple weeks (I am SOOOO in denial about the possible winter weather that threatens us before the end of this weekend!), and I am ready to see that sunshine on a more regular basis!

Another reason to smile is that I got to go scrapbooking last night! There is a group I crop with whenever I can (they meet once a month), but this is the first time I have been able to go ALL YEAR! (full time at work plus hobbies is starting to kick my butt a little! lol) Woo Hoo! So glad that I got to go, both because I love to play and because I love to look at pictures of the little people who seasoned our lives so long ago. . .just look at College Girl and Army Boy when they were little:
Soooo sweet! I got 6 pages done (pictures and papers stuck down) and my new plan is to try to do that part on a bunch of pages, and leave the writing and embellishing until another time. Look how little College Girl and Army Boy are in that photo! I mean, I have their albums finished (birth to HS graduation), but I have years of pictures to scrapbook before I am anywhere near caught up with this craft! Good grief, Pretty Knitty! How many hobbies do you have? Always just one too few. . .I haven't tried building model airplanes yet. . .


But, I digress. . .lol. . .back to the knitting! Since I finished a sweater and a pair of socks, I was out of knitting projects, so I started my fourth sock kit of 2010, Catnip Socks:
These are toe-ups, I am knitting with Lion Brand Sock-Ease in the color "Rock Candy" on 2.25mm needles, and so far, I like! These have a reverse heel-flap and gusset, and I have wanted to try one of these heels for quite some time, so here we have it! I will let you know how it goes. . .until then. . .

Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. The sweater came out great! Wish I'd of been there to see it in person Thurs. night!

    ReplyDelete