Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unnamed Knitting

So, over there, to the right, is a picture of some knitting, which means this post has "knitting content." At best, this knitting is a large work-in-progress which shall be referred to only as "The Christmas Knitting." At worst, this knitting is my latest nightmare, as it is a long list of items which may or may not actually be finished by the December 25 deadline. Some of the items in the pile are finished pieces, some are finished pieces of a larger project, some are started pieces and some are completed works. All in all, the photo represents the fact that I am making progress, but am nowhere near finished. . .yet.

Must. . .keep. . .knitting. . . It's a good thing that I like to knit...lol!

Aside from the knitting, my biggest dilemma this week is that my Christmas tree is not yet up. This is truly quite unusual for me. Most years, I am one of those people who makes friends and family nutso by having the decorating in full Christmas swing before I put the Thanksgiving bird in the oven. My In-Laws have often commented that it seems as though we are celebrating the wrong holiday when they are at my house for that November meal, served up on red plates with green napkins around the golden tablecloth.

But this year, it is different. This year, both of my little birdies are in nests of their own (well, College-Birdie is in a temporary nest, but she is not in this nest on most days since September), and I am having a hard time getting motivated. On top of no kids at home, Hubster and I have a new kitten, and I am truly not looking forward to the first tree-toppling of the season. Decoration Motivation is not such a big part of this year's equation.

That being said, I did move furniture last night, so that I can put the tree in front of the window when I do get around to taking it out of the box. Perhaps I will have a picture in Saturday's blog post. . .perhaps the tree will be standing upright! Until then, I will be plugging away at the Christmas knitting, and trying to focus more on the sugarplums dancing in my head than the ones trying to make their way onto my hips!

Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. whoa...I have my tree up and you don't! (OK mine's not decorated nor are the branches fully fluffed but it is up!and the lights are on as we speak!)

    I'm right there with you on the Christmas Crafting and knitting though. I'm trying not to stress about it though! HA

    ReplyDelete