Saturday, September 7, 2019

Kitten Cousins

I knit a thing. Not surprising, I know. Also not surprising, it is another requested toy for my granddaughter. Shockingly, the cats are not impressed.

As I was watching my grandson play this week, I noticed that he loves the toys that rattle, and I thought it would be fun to knit the thing again, adding some noise-makers on the second round. And so, friends, I present to you my striped Kitten Cousins!

As you can see, the rattle and squeak kitten (on the left) is quite unfinished. Although it is very cute, the personality really is in the details. A face, a tail, even ears will give him that beckoning look, and I think the baby will like him quit a bit with the rattles! Even without the details, this one has a personality that drove him to squeak past his cousin...

...rattling toward the window to see what might be outside. Of course, without eyes and ears, it was pretty discouraging for him. Poor guy...

You know what they say about cats and curiosity? Well, apparently it is true, because when the finished kitten regained her composure, she fairly tossed her cousin aside to get a better look...

...which piqued the interest of White Cat (naturally).

White Cat: Pretty, what IS this thing?

Pretty: It is a stuffed cat, of course!
White Cat: Are you sure? It does not smell like a cat... I can't even tell if it is a boy or a girl!

Pretty: Well, silly, it is NOT a cat. It is a toy.
White Cat: A toy for a cat?
Pretty: No. A toy for a granddaughter.
White Cat: Oh. I see. Is that a bird outside?

Black Cat: Can everybody puh-lease keep it down??? I am trying to nap over here!

White Cat and Pretty: So-o-o-r-ry!

Now it's time to say goodbye so Black Cat can go back to sleep. I am glad that knitting is a quiet activity, and it is time for me to make a tail and a face for my poor, discouraged, rattle-and-squeak kitty toy.

Thanks for stopping by, friends, and Knit in Good Health!
Little Nugget says, "See you next time!"

No comments:

Post a Comment