Saturday, July 21, 2018

Deployed Again

10 years ago, he had barely graduated from Boot Camp. 

Today he is on his way to deployment #3. The brightest colors in these scenes are always the children. The girls are happy to have their new "Daddy bears," but the separation will still be difficult. 

Today, I am praying for him, and for them, and resting in these promises:
God knit him together in my womb, and God's love for that boy is so great that it stretches higher than the heavens. I pray that my boy and his family will look to the Lord, even if a foot falters, because I know that His love is the source of comfort and support. God will be watching over them all their life, over their coming and going, both now and forevermore. (Ps. 139:13; 103:11; 94:18; 121:5-8)

This is not his first deployment, and it will not be his last. Today I am sad...and insanely proud...and full of love. Godspeed to my boy and all the soldiers who left with him. God's comfort to them and to their families during this and all separations. 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment