Saturday, April 14, 2018

Demanding Dolls

(To the tune of The Brady Bunch Theme Song
Here's the story of a gal named Pretty, 
Who was thinking up some very lovely toys:
It starts by having White Cat pick the skin tone,

Then deciding girls or boys?

Since the grand kids are both daughters, 
She decides that gir-irls it must be. 
So she starts to knit the heads and arms and le-egs, 
Then she knits up two bodies.

Now this pile of pieces looks so very lifeless, 
And the dolls are seeming pretty rough -

The next steps are the stuffing and the sewing

Stitching them together so they're tough!

But they're naked, and that's not good! 
Wearing clothes is something they must do...

So Pretty heads out to the local craft store 
To bring home yarn for dresses too.

Then more knitting, and more knitting,
And then some more knitting still...
Until both dolls have new dresses and are decent. 
Yes, I think that fits the bill!

Ok, I am done with the singing now. But I am not done with the knitting! You see, after I finished these two dresses, the dolls looked over and noticed that there was a LOT more yarn available to me, 

and they have demanded more outfits. "At least one more dress each, I think," said the blonde.

"Yes, and wouldn't we like jeans as well? I mean sometimes a girl needs to be a bit more casual," answered her sister

"Oh! That's a lovely idea! Jeans! And t-shirts! Why aren't you knitting, Pretty?"

"Oh...," I answered slowly, unsure. "I guess I thought I was finished?" 

"Certainly not!," they replied in unison. And then they made me a list. Purses, hats, tote bags, and maybe a cardigan or shrug? But summer is coming, so they said I could take my time on the sweaters... 

Sigh! Dolls are demanding! But I do enjoy the knitting, so I suppose I will stop complaining and get to it! After all, the forecast calls for rain all weekend, so really...what better way is there to fill my rainy Saturday than knitting and catonlap? 

Is it raining where you are? Do you have weekend plans dictated by demanding dolls? 

Whatever your plans for the weekend, thanks for stopping by, and Knit (or not) in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Today I sat outside in sunny 70 degree weather and worked on my sock. Tomorrow is going to be 30s with sleet, freezing rain then rain. Monday is going to be heavy rain with high winds. I'm planning on knitting tomorrow when I get home from church. I want spring!

    ReplyDelete