Saturday, March 24, 2018

Dancing Enough?

Dancing. What do you think of? Do you think of going out to "the Club," or are you more of a dancing in the kitchen gal or guy? What are you wearing? If you are Pretty, you are most certainly wearing hand-knit socks, which means that Pretty confesses here and now to being more of a dancing in the kitchen gal...in a new pair of socks...completed just last month!

Bonus! The yarn is one of my all-time faves (sadly, now discontinued), Dancing by Knit Picks. The last time this yarn was offered for sale was somewhere in 2014 or 2015, but while I was tossing the stash earlier this year, I found two socks' worth in my sock yarn bin! I was probably saving it, knowing I can never get any more...but on a whim, I pulled it out and knit it up, and today I am wearing happy leggings and new Dancing socks! Quick! Somebody take me to the club! 

Hahaha! No. Nevermind. No clubbin' for this gal...

Barbie, on the other hand, loves to go out dancing! She also enjoys walks in the park, horseback riding, feeding the homeless and advancing in her very prestigious career! But, as my granddaughter reminded me last week, she is also always on the lookout for a new outfit! She enjoys new clothes so much, in fact, that she is happy to accompany me to knit night for the occasional fitting and photo shoot! (Even if this is what her ride looks like...)

Especially since most of her photos are posed in a bedroom, perched precariously on the edge of a folded TV tray, some in less than optimal lighting situations (girls, back me up here...lighting is so important)...

She is so glad to feel the sun on her face once in awhile!

Sometimes she prefers the shade, too...

But whatever the lighting situation, she always enjoys a new outfit. I mean, just look how happy she clearly is in every. single. photo! (Even in bad lighting!!!)

Barbie never has a bad day, hair or otherwise. She never has a "what did that smile look like?" moment after snapping a selphie. She is so very plastic. Her happiness is so very plastic. Her whole life is so very plastic.

I am glad that my life is not plastic. Sometimes I am not glad that my life is so messy... Sometimes I wish that every smile, every expression, every word or thought or deed was more photo-worthy... Then I remember that I am enough. Exactly what I am right now, messy or not, it is enough. I am enough because of my Savior. I am not perfect, and I never will be. But, because he died for me, I am always enough. 

I look forward to the day that God looks at me in person and sees Jesus. Not to rush things, I will wait for his timing, but it will be nice to be free of the mess of this world. A dear friend passed this week, and although I have not seen him or his wife often in the last few years. I know that he is glad to be free of the mess of this world, of this life, of his illness...and there is such a sense of relief for his family in that freedom. There is also grief and loss, to be sure, and that will remain throughout their days, but life looms large for them in the promise that they will be together again in eternity.

As the Easter season winds down this week, and Christians all over the world remember the sacrifice our King made, I hope that the world is watching. I pray that one lost soul will learn the truth that he or she is enough, no matter their mess, when they believe the claim that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and he is their Lord and Savior. If you do not believe this applies to you, I hope that you will reconsider someday. 

I want to dance in Heaven with you, praising our Savior all the day long!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and Dance) in Good Health!

1 comment: