Saturday, March 3, 2018

Babies, Bunnies and Buttons

I have tried to write this post three times, and deleted it twice. What this tells me is that I am not really ready to say what I want to say. Sometimes when that happens, it is better to just post some baby knitting, so here you go:

As some of my friends of child-bearing age are starting to wait until birth to learn the gender of their newest additions, this forces my knitting creativity. Here is an idea I've used before, but I do not believe I blogged it all the way through.

I know, I know. It is a baby hat. Not that impressive, but here is what makes this one special: See the bow? It is removable! It buttons on (or off, and the cute bunny stays), and I will package it with this poem:

I know there's a bow,
Even though you don't know
If Baby's a "he" or a "she."
You can keep the bow,
Or un-button it so
The hat can be both, you see!

Put together with a sweater and a pair of booties, in gender neutral colors, and voilĂ ! Baby gift for boy or girl!

Bonus: if you add some cute little bunny buttons, gah! The cuuuute! The cute will do you in!

So, I suppose that is what I blog today. Babies and bunny buttons. After all, as I say from time to time, this IS a knitting blog!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment