Saturday, January 27, 2018

It's in the Details

After a couple of weeks of #catonlap-under-sweater knitting,

I am happy to announce that my January 2018 sweater is finished! (Well, technically it is still blocking...so I cannot wear it until it dries. But the knititng, she is finished!)

As I watched the sweater emerge, I was smitten with the details, from short rows and sleeve knitting, 

right down to the bind-off-in-ribbing end!

Sometimes (most times?), the joys of life are in the smallest details. The way the snow has landed on your car in mid-January, after another weird thaw...

The pinks of a perfect sunrise on the drive to work...

Putting up a brand-new wedding photo!

This has been a week of small details and tiny victories for me, and I am grateful to be here. I know that not all of you have had a spectacular week. Some of you are dealing with loss and disappointment, and others are just dealing with the fact that the stupid ground hog will most likely see his shadow next week. Me too. But as long as we are on this side of the pavement, what can we celebrate? A finished sweater, folded neatly, even before it is blocked? 

A new pair of socks, barely cast on, in a favorite (though discontinued) yarn?

Time with a friend (or friends) that leaves you smiling, because she (they) really "gets" you? That last one is what I am most thankful for this week. I was blessed by some one-on-one with a treasured friend this week, as well as some big group, laugh-yourself-silly time with my beautiful knitting group. Both were a balm for my soul. Ladies, your friendship refreshes me! Thank you for being my friends!

Whatever the next 7 days brings your way, Blog Land, I hope that you will take some time to notice the little things and to revel in the smallest details. I will do the same, for this is the day that the Lord has made. I will do my best to rejoice and be glad in the little (or big, or hairy, or crazy) details it brings!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the finished sweater and a pair of socks on the needles. I love the sweater. I'm grateful Kitty only got one good swipe on me when she got loaded into her carrier for a vet appointment. You're inspiring me to knit a bit faster on my afghan that I started on January 1st.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for knitting!

      Boo for scratching cat!

      Thanks for the comment...I am so happy with how the sweater turned out.

      Delete