Saturday, December 16, 2017

Last Christmas, This Christmas, Next Christmas

Last Christmas is probably my least favorite of the "contemporary" Christmas songs. I do not say this to start a comment war, or to invite judgement on my musical tastes, it is simply a song I do not enjoy. I cringe every time I hear the opening bars. To make it worse, the artist and composers have nailed the darn song, creating an iresistible invitation to sing along. (How can I not? I am wired to sing, and this song has been played 47 thousand times already this year, so I know all the words...and the tune is super catchy...gah!) Still makes me cringe, even through the singing. lol!

Last Saturday, at the annual Knitters' Christmas Party, we were reminded of our hostess's least favorite Christmas song - I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. I know, I know. THAT should be my least favorite song...but I not-so-secretly love that one! It comes on, and suddenly I want a hippopotamus too! When Last Christmas came on at the party, nothing happened. It just played quietly in the background, but when the Hippo Song came on, the party got started!

While Brenda gave a Judy-eye-roll, somebody started singing along, and soon we were all singing too...well, everyone except Brenda! She is a good sport, though. She endured the whole song (yes, we all sang to the end), and did not throw any of us out, which is very good...because Baby, It's Cold Outside! 

Also, the food!

And the friends, and the laughter!

And the poop-and-vomit talk...yes, you read that right. I am not sure where it came from, and it was gross, but funny too!

And the knitting...so much knitting!

And the biggest, Christmas goodie bags, full of stocking stuffers!

And the not-quite-finished stuffers that we will have before Christmas, but for now a picture will have to do!

Of course there was also the annual sock picture, because you know, we knit socks!

Last Christmas we had a super Knitters' Party!
This Christmas we had a super-great Knitters' Party!
Next Christmas we will have a super-great-awesome Knitters' Party!
It is kinda what we do! 

Thank you to our hostess, and to everyone who brought their fun selves to the party! I had so much fun, and I love you ladies!

As the season winds down (Christmas is almost here...) 

Tell me, which Christmas songs and parties are you looking forward to (or not) this year?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and shop and wrap and give) in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment