Saturday, September 30, 2017

Howling at the Moon

Last week, I blogged about a rogue appendix. Since then, we have taken another trip to the ER to address a post-op infection, and we have spent the past week waiting for himself to feel just a little bit better at least. I think, as of yesterday, he has finally turned that corner! I am happy to report that his fever is gone, and his pain management is down to OTC medications. Of course, he is not quite howling at the moon yet!

To celebrate, I have started knitting in color. First a baby sweater, with a sweet rose pattern at the hem, knit in a cotton/linen blend. It has not been blocked or buttoned yet, but here's a picture anyway. I really like how it turned out!

Next up was double the fun...I started a double-knit scarf for Peanut, in her school colors. (Shhhh! It's a surpise!) The school mascot is a wolf, so I found a pattern for a colorwork wolf howling at the moon, and took off with it! As Peanut says, "You mess with the wolf, you get the howl!" 

Today is going to be a good day, I can feel it! I hope that your day is good too, and that you get in a good howl at the moon before October hits tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment