Saturday, June 17, 2017

Daydream Believer

I can knit for miles and miles! At least that's what it feels like while I am knitting my Destination Ohio Cowl! As I knit each color, I think of the place that it represents, and I wonder at the fun it might be to wear the cowl to each of them and snap a photo! I don't think that will realistically happen, but a knitter can still dream...
Luscious pile of cowl on my desk...
So far, I've knit about 34 inches of the tube, and the finished cowl will be around 40 inches long when it is finished, and I cannot wait for it to be finished. I mean, I can wait. It was 93 degrees yesterday, and there is more of that forecast for today, so I can totally wait to wear the thing...but I want it to be finished so that I can take it on a walk into nature, and photograph it among the trees and streams and flowers and butterflies! Because, of course, all my photos are perfect like that...NOT! Well, a knitter can still dream...
The shot was set up perfect, then
he walked right into it...lol!
My favorite of the 8 Ohio-inspired colors is Roller Coast, and I am toying with asking Jeanne (of Destination Yarn) to dye me up a sweater's worth! With bright-sky-blues and bits of deep-lake-blue, accompanied by pops of red, green and yellow steel coaster tracks, this colorway is inspired by my favorite amusement park, Cedar Point, a destination in Ohio, for sure! The color captures the spirit of the park, and its many rides, so well that it makes me think of playing hooky from work this coming week. Hmmm, a knitter can still dream...
Honestly could not love these colors more!
Yes, today is a good day to dream, and I plan to enjoy every moment of it! I hope that your dreams are good, and that at least one or two of them come true!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!


No comments:

Post a Comment