Saturday, August 6, 2016

Quiet Weekend

The girls left our house on Tuesday, and they left town to go home on Wednesday, which means that Pop Pop the Great

Pop Pop the Adored

has once again been relegated to the mere status of Sweetie the Very Loved. (Yes, I love him. But I don't climb all over him when he comes downstairs for work every morning! lol!)

This is not a bad thing, but it is a little lonely and very quiet in our house since Wednesday...which means there has been more time for knitting! Since I have finished the Black-and-White, Black-and-White sweaters,

complete with bright buttons (buttons of my choosing, not hers...Sweet Pea just wanted to eat the buttons!) for the little one,

now I can focus on some mindless knitting for a couple of good causes! Booties for babies yet to be born were first up on my needles, and they are so cute that even Black Cat is protective of them. 

There are other things almost on my needles, too, and I'm still working through the depression stuff, but I am doing ok. I think (and some studies have confirmed my suspicions) that knitting has benefitted me, both mentally and emotionally. Knitting that is mindless gives my hands something to do while I think and pray. Knitting that I have to think about gives me a break from all the deep thinking, replacing big decisions with "Knit, knit, purl, purl, knit 2 together,  yarn over, purl, purl...," well, you get the picture. So I have plans for some lace, some socks, maybe a couple hats and some baby gifts for babies that have barely let their mommies even know that they are coming. 

My life is not perfect, but I am content. I am content to live and to knit and to get through it all with a smile and a bit of kindness for those around me who also experience the love, joy, strife and sorrow that define the human experience. We're all in this together, let's do our best to get along, and we will all get through it together! (If you'd like to learn to knit your way through, I'd be happy to teach you...the calming, centering properties of this hobby far outweigh the frustration of learning a new skill!) Are you with me?

Thanks for stopping by today, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment