Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week Three, Wednesday

I promise that the new job updates will eventually settle down, but for now, here I go again - I love my new job! Today is Week 3, Day 3, and I have my hands into the work. It's going slow as I learn, but I don't mind. I know that I am making mistakes, but I am learning and getting better (I hope!). I am loving my team and everyone I meet! It's a beautiful thing, I tell ya! Here is my building, complete with daffodils, recovering from the snow we had on Saturday and Sunday!

As I walk up to this building each morning, I am thankful for this new opportunity. I am thankful for new challenges and new (and some not-so-new) friends. I am thankful to be feathering my "nest" on the second floor of Building 2!

I have a little bit of knitting at my desk, which came in handy when I experienced my first computer issue yesterday...not the blue screen of death (thankfully!), but the blue screens of eternal updates, the kind that take more than an hour to complete, after they say "100% Complete...," and require a quick visit from the Information Systems dept. Thankfully (again) the thing straightened up to fly right while that IS guy was offering me a loaner computer, and I was finally able to dig in to the job, knitting deferred, as it should be!

Of course, there are no pictures of my desk knitting, so I cannot prove anything about that last paragraph, but there are pictures of more baby hats, finished over the weekend:

and pictures of a new scarf, started over the weekend:

At least there's that. There was also an impromptu visit to the lake after work yesterday with a new friend. Although neither of us knew it at the time, I apparently named one of my cats after her! It's pretty funny to meet someone from Sydney named "Black Cat!"

She will return to Australia when she has finished training, so we went to the beach and then to Outback Steakhouse, because...well, why not? Who doesn't love a good steak and some cheesy, American version of food from down under? She got a kick out of the menu, for sure, and we had a lovely time chatting and chatting and chatting...I got home at quarter-of-ten! So much fun, and such a pretty afternoon to visit the lake!

There has been so much sunshine in my life lately, which is wonderful. I have seen a lot of "rain" in the last couple of years, and there will always be more struggles ahead...but today I will focus on new beginnings, new friendships and new opportunities. There is so much to be thankful for!

What are you thankful for today? 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. Thankful for your positive outlook. Thankful for a three-year-old little boy who Skyped a pillow fight with us and laughed and laughed and laughed and for our two other grandkids--isn't grandparenthood just the best? For a beautiful day outside. For being able to watch a wren fetch some food I'd put out, he flew to his mate and fed her. Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete