Saturday, January 23, 2016

Islands of Color

"Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring... 'How to Build a Boat'...," said Steven Wright, and this got me thinking... What book would Pretty bring? Probably something with knitting patterns and humor. Maybe "How to Make Knitting Needles With Just About Anything," or, "The Art of Spinning, With or Without the Proper Tools." After all, if I were on a desert island, I would need some knitting to pass the time...and maybe a cat.

Speaking of islands, I am currently spending a good chunk of my knitting time on Christmas Island. It's the color of my newest sock yarn (from Simply Socks Yarn Company), and it is so very bright and fun! I have added in a simple feather and fan style pattern, and these socks are sure to be a highlight of my wardrobe in the next Christmas season! 

They are so fun, that I am actually considering giving them a wear before next December...we will see. When I start into the knitting, I can barely stop. I knitted 20 rows just this morning, and I would still be going if there weren't laundry and dishes to do! 

Alas, I am not stranded on an island, and there is work to be done...but I look forward to revisiting these socks, or maybe the experimental sweater, or perhaps I will cast on something new! I have some 716 Yarn that I am just itching to knit up, but I have not picked a pattern yet. What will it be, what will it be???

Whatever it is, I am sure you will hear about it here! Be sure to stop back every week for more fun knitting, frequent family updates and the occasional opinion post. I look forward to your comments!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment