Saturday, December 26, 2015

Before Next Christmas Rolls Around

Our Christmas was good. I hope that yours was also, and that you are looking forward to a bit of selfish knitting in January. :) I was thinking about the first things I would knit in January, and I realized that they would be shrugs for my granddaughters. This made me remember my annual Christmas ornaments that I do for them each year, and I got an idea. 

You see, each year, I fill a clear, glass (or plastic) ornament for each kid with oddments of yarns I have knit with for them. For 2015, they looked like this:

Of course, up until just a few days ago, I hadn't even started them...which meant that my process was to find the ornaments, and the yarns, and make sure I had everything I needed...which looked a little like this... (I see a checkerboard, a family of dolls, and many, many alphabet blocks!)

This is easy if you've just finished items that have good yarn for showcasing, but difficult if you have not knit something very recently for the recipient! Since I will be starting January with knits for the girls, I've decided to leave the ornaments out, and just fill them as I go for 2016! 

Hmmm, all of a sudden, I am brilliant! (Well, if I actually keep the ornaments close at hand, and actually fill them as I go...then I'm brilliant...we shall see what happens...lol!)

What fabulous ideas do you have for 2016?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health right up through your new year celebrations!

1 comment: