Saturday, September 26, 2015

Shadow Dancing

Back in the day, I was a big fan of the Bee Gees and Andy Gibb, and a host of other teen idols of the time. These days, I am a fan of knitting...but still, I like Shadow Dancing. :) I'm also a fan of shadow knitting (aka illusion knitting)!

Shadow knitting is a 3-dimensional technique, and if I turn the block this way,

you can totally see the pattern in the "shadows" of the knitting! Pretty cool, huh? I think so, too. It's so cool, as a matter of fact, that I have not only knit the letter A, but also B, C, D and a partial E!

Thank you to Franklin Habit, for re-introducing me to this technique, and encouraging me to try it again! (As though that blog post was for me, and me alone...lol!) In two days, shadow knitting has gone from I-didn't-have-any-luck-with-that to I-am-obsessed-and-cannot-stop!, so I think I'll spend the rest of my weekend watching my needles dance in the shadows. ;o) 

Have you ever re-visited a technique that had previously kicked you in the knitting fanny? I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health! 

In case you're interested, here's a short video where you can see just how it's done...

No comments:

Post a Comment