Saturday, April 11, 2015

Knit the Rainbow...or Crochet!

Some time ago, maybe in July, my friend Jeanne (Life In Cleveland) had a trunk show at a local shop. She featured her Destination Yarn*, which is beautiful, just like she is! 

Even though I never really mentioned it at the time, I did make a purchase...or 30! Here is just a portion of my haul:

Since then, I've used some of those lovely pastels to knit big sister and little sister sweaters, and the blue gradient for a hat and mitts for a four-year old. (Yes, that's how stash is made. Buy 30 skeins, knit only 5. :) Anyhoo...I've finally found what I want to do with the rainbow yarn in the pic. It only took me 7 months, but I have now balled up my America the Beautiful gradient,

searched out a K crochet hook, and I've even started the project!

However, I can't tell you what it is...yet. Give me some time. Crochet is quick, and this is gonna be gorgeous and sooo worth the wait!

Mystery crochet...I kinda like it...in rainbow colors! What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and crochet!) in Good Health!

*If you have not used Destination Yarn, you should give it a try! My favorite of her bases are Souvenir (a super-squishy DK-weight) and Letter (fingering weight that looks great in cables, lace, or whatever stitch you love best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment