Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Celebrating!!!

For those of you playing at home, I ran yesterday. I woke up early, and I ran by myself, on the sidewalks around my home, and I DID NOT FALL DOWN! This. This is cause to celebrate! You know what else I want to celebrate?

This. This is my knitting!

It's my second Hitchhiker Scarf...

It's lacy and lovely...

It's knit of my own handspun rainbow yarn...

It's my newest favorite knit!

Isn't it pretty?!?

I've knit this pattern before, and I was not in love with the first scarf like I am in love with this one. This one is nearly perfect, and I cannot wait until I feel a slight chill in the air so I can wear it!!!

Three reasons I do not love my first hitchhiker (this much, anyway)...
1. I am not a fan of straight garter stitch. I added some lacy holes to this one, as per my friend KnittingSM!
2. The yarn I used for the first one was a fluffy, fingering weight. This yarn is more light fingering to lace-weight...much lighter and drapey-er. 
3. I do not like the straight edge as the pattern is written. I added "teeth" to my bind off on this one, to mimic the toothy edge created along the long edge. Notes on my project page. :)

Are you knitting something you absolutely love? 
I'd love to hear about it in the comments!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. First - yay for you for running (and for not falling down!)
    Second - the hitchhiker is beautiful! The colors and your cast off mods make me want to knit it again. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very, very cool! And congratulations on the running--me, I'd be falling down, so I walk, walk, steady as she goes.

    ReplyDelete