Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Auditioning Lace Patterns

So, you know that I am spinning this...

...and it is going rather well. I have spun 90 grams of this fiber...

...into pretty fine singles, then wound them into a pretty large plying ball, like this...

Some of my friends have suggested that I may be slightly obsessed with the spinning. They may be right.

I started with a total of 117 grams (4.1 oz.), and I wondered how long it would take to spindle spin all of it. I started spinning on April 13, and if I keep my current pace, I'll be done in another week or so! I'm excited, because the next step is turning these very fine, thread-like strands of fiber into a 3 ply yarn! Even using three plies, I think I'm still headed for a lace-weight yarn, but it might be a little thicker than my last yarn, which wanted to be a scarf!

So, what will this new yarn want to be? I'm thinking something lacy...perhaps a shawl, or shawlette? (I wonder how many yards I'll end up with...) Maybe it will be fingerless gloves and a scarf? (I am currently spending way too much time looking at patterns on Ravelry, and elsewhere...) I just wonder and wonder what it wants to be...

What do you think? Does it want to be lace, or something else? I mean, I know it's not yarn yet, but looking at the colors, and considering that it will be pretty thin, can I get any suggestions? (It's 100% BFL, not superwash.) Please comment with your suggestions! 

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

(And thanks in advance for your pattern suggestions. I can't wait to have this yarn in hand, and to knit it into something wonderful!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment