Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Why am I so dizzy?

Why AM I so dizzy?!?

THAT's a loaded question! There are sooo many possible answers...but there's one that I like best, and it has to do with this:

It's a 4oz braid (not sure if it's really a "braid"...it didn't look braided...but it's 4.1oz) of Blue-Faced Lester wool in the color "Crayon Box!" I acquired it from a friend's destash a couple years back, and my recent spinning success had me anxious to break it out, so I did!

I weighed it carefully, then I split the long, thick roving into four, much thinner pieces to spin from...White Cat supervised the whole procedure...

I weighed each bit, and they turned out pretty even: 26g, 30g, 31g and 32g. I'm not sure how I will ply this, but I will ply it. I enjoyed the Navajo ply that I did with the pink, and I think that is my best option for using up every last bit of this beautiful stuff...so I labeled each bunch, and put it into baggies, slipping a tag onto the "start" end of each bagful...

And then I started spinning. Oh. My. Gosh. Soooo fun! Every color change is like a new piece of adventure, and I can hardly stop myself once I start! This photo represents the first 5 grams (or so), but I have spun my way through about 15 grams at this point!

I'm spinning it slightly thicker than I did my last yarn, and I'm using the 41g spindle, and I am having a blast! That means that my knitting time has been a little more limited, but I'm ok with that. There is still knitting time. There will always be knitting time. And spinning time. And crochet time...hmmm, if I keep up all this crafting, I suppose I'll have to quit my job eventually! But not anytime soon, thankfully. :) 

I'll try to bring you spinning updates, but I get so wrapped up in my spindle that I just forget to take photos...it's just mesmerizing. It's therapeutic. It's meditative...well, until a cat tries to help anyway! lol!

Until next time, thanks for stopping by, and Knit (and SPIN) in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. The colors match your picture at the top of the blog. You don't like those at all, do you? (ducking!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGosh! I didn't even notice that! I must love these colors...lol!

      Delete