Saturday, March 2, 2013

Regular Life (and a little yarn)...

The other day, just before the Anniversary Post went live, I was reading backwards through the blog. I do that sometimes, don't judge. So, as I was looking for typos (hsit happens) and admiring my writing style, I started to notice something...do you see it?

I guess I've always known it, and I suppose that I kindof see through it most of the time, and I am not really sure how I feel about it...but my house looks, wellllll, it looks a little "lived in" at best, and trashed at it's worst. I remember a couple years ago when I joined the "Get the Crap Out of My House" challenge (is that what it was called?), but that was an apparent fail, because cluttered-background, disheveled photos like this are still showing up on the blog, and on Facebook, and actually they're showing up just everywhere...not to mention the cat photos...

There is only one explanation for this, and here it is:
I would rather play with yarn than clean and fix up.
I would rather hang with my peeps than declutter a closet.
I would rather photograph my cats than free their fur from the furniture.
I would rather walk for two hours in the fresh air (and then complain about being sore) than move the mop.

Wait. Was that one explanation? Or four? It doesn't matter. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be, and you and I will continue to see pictures of this all over the internet...

Oh, and you'll see stuff on my cats. 

Because I'd clearly rather admit to being a failed housewife than to stop playing with yarn and showing off my dust, debris and cat hair. I sure hope you're not allergic... =D

Speaking of yarn, I have been working on some stuff, but I have not been blogging it well...but there were a couple of birds, a cowl I test knit last week, and a couple of socks on my cat. That counts, right?!?

What have you been doing lately? 
Cleaning your house? Oh, I'm sorry. 
Wanna come over and play with yarn instead?

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. I laugh because I am cleaning my house today, just taking a coffee break to blog and read. I miss Thursday night knitting and should start coming again soon since I have a vehicle to get me there and I need the sanity the me times gives me. I have been crocheting more which makes me uber happy. Today, the cleaning isn't that bad. My house needs it & sometimes the decluttering and whatnot can make me a very happy girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two times each year we go through the house and declutter. Faithfully. So we felt real...you know. Virtuous. Righteous. Like that. We are so full of it. Really.

    ReplyDelete