Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Are you a Man or a Monkey?

So, last week I blogged about Bananas. There were many masculine modifiers (he, him, his), and I really didn't think I had done anything wrong at all. As a matter of fact, I even made "him" a little monkey-girlfriend, Mango...

She was so pretty, with her ears perfectly placed, and her sweetly jointed arms and legs, that I even made her a couple of wardrobe changes! This is where it all started to go horribly wrong...

Do you see what's going on in that picture? I mean, that's Mango on the left, in her stunning green frock...but who is that in the pink ruffles? Wait...could it be? It is!!! 

Gasp! It's Bananas! 

And, just for good measure, he...she...oh! That monkey tried on several of the new dresses!

Not that there's anything wrong with that...I guess. I mean, he...she...oh!...it's just a toy monkey! Right?!? I suppose it really doesn't matter. A gentle gender-reassignment really shouldn't be that big a deal. Right?!? Especially since they have gone to live in their new home with a darling little, curly-haired, blond Peanut, I'm hedging my bet they're all pretty happy with whatever arrangement they've happened to work out...and it looks like Mango and Bananas don't mind sharing the dresses...sooo, that's a good thing.

Man or a monkey? Who cares? I'm just one silly knitter making toys for the sweetest little blond Peanut in my world, and loving every minute of it!  =D  I hope that your knitting (or whatever it is you love to do) is making you smile like a monkey!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

(Ummm, don't tell Mork and Mindy what's going on, k? What they don't know certainly won't hurt them, right? What's that? Oh, yeah...Internet. hmmm...)

No comments:

Post a Comment