Saturday, November 3, 2012

Lace and Rain...

Many of you know that I live in a place that got hit by Sandy. It was not a direct hit, we are very far from the ocean coast in the northeast corner of Ohio here, and we were not nearly as inconvenienced as many others were. Still, there was rain for 6 days straight (in her defense, it was raining to our west before Sandy came in from the east, but she did contribute to that 6 days with at least 4 of her own). Yes, there was rain...and WIND! It was not good weather to be outside... You all know what that means, right?!?
Luscious Lace Knitting...
Bing! Bing! Bing! Yes...there was knitting! You know me so well. When the rainy weather keeps me in, and I face the prospect of losing power, I am glad that my hobby doesn't require batteries! (I need light, but you might be surprised how little light you need if you are not working with black yarn!) So I worked on my sweater, which no longer looks like a lace border for my coffee, and now looks more like a skirt for a my-size Barbie:
I know, it needs to be blocked. Still, it's lookin' good!
Yes, it would be a short skirt, but on these needles, it certainly doesn't look like it will fit around ME yet! Oh, I can't wait for the magic of blocking... Even so, even unblocked, it is starting to look just amazing, and I am really enjoying the knitting! That's kindof amazing, seeing as how this is a DROPS pattern, but it IS heavily modified...maybe not so amazing? Either way, it's coming together, and I can't wait until it's ready to wear! You know what else is coming together? 
Many Miniature Mittens
I have 22 mittens complete! In the picture, there are only 21, please don't hold that against me. I promise there are now 22. I don't know why I was worried about finishing these for December...they are going SUPER-FAST! So fun!

And now, I think I see the sun in tomorrow's forecast! After all that rain, I am going to go outside to enjoy this bright Saturday, and feel the sun on my face, maybe we'll even get a walk in! I hope that you get to do the same. :) 

Thanks for stopping in, and Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment