Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Post with NO Rhinebeck...

That's right. No Rhinebeck for Pretty. (sigh!) Stop reading, if you must, but this knitter did not go to Rhinebeck, so she has nothing about Rhinebeck to blog...except, of course, her hopes and dreams of going to Rhinebeck someday. 

*insert tiny, heart-broken violin melody and sad face here*

This knitter did do some knitting, but most of it is secret knitting, so I can't show it to you or tell you about it. This knitter is now 0 for 2.

*more violin, more sad face*

This knitter also switched to her cold-weather coffee mug this week. She likes this mug. It gives her the warm fuzzies.
Coffee gives the warm fuzzies, too. This week
it's pumpkin spice coffee...mmmmm!
Hey! Looky there! Finally, this knitter gets a hit! It's not outta the park, but there's knitting in that photo of the coffee! Knitting she can blog about! 

I did cast on that DROPS pattern I told you about last time. In my size, I cast on 315 stitches...sport weight yarn, on 3.0mm (US 2.5) needles...yes, this one is going to take awhile! And yes, true to form, the pattern is kicking my butt a little. 

Luckily, another Ravelry knitter has already made some modifications that I really like, and I am adapting her changes. =D Bonus, the body is knit in one piece, so even though it starts on 315 stitches, I don't have two front pieces of over 150 stitches each to work after this first piece is done...thank goodness for tiny victories in the knitting!

I wish I had more to show you today, but I guess it is what it is. Perhaps by Saturday this will look more like a sweater, and less like a lace border around my coffee...

In either case, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

PS - This knitter is thankful for those of you who have blogged your trips to Rhinebeck...living vicariously through your tales of yarn and fiber adventure keeps me going on the most mundane of days! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment