Saturday, August 4, 2012

Uncopyrightable?

Why UNCOPYRIGHTABLE?  Have you not noticed how fixated I am lately on words without repeating letters? No? Hmmm, you must not be paying attention, because I am totally fixated...hey, fixated has no repeating letters!  See?  It's pretty much taken over, and there's a reason for that!  Well, actually, there are 26 reasons!  
Wait, there are only 15 letters there.  Hmmm, wonder why that is...oh, that's right!  That's a word!  It's one of the longest words in the English language without a single repeating letter!
There are actually two words that have 15 letters without a repeat, but the other one is dermatoglyphics, and without knowing exactly what that means, I was hesitant to use it as a post title!  (Of course, for those of you wondering, dermatoglyphics is the study of the patterns of ridges of skin on the fingers and palms and bottoms of the feet...yeah, still not a good post title for a knitting blog.  lol!)

In any case, I love that I can spell this word in knitted letters, with no computer trickery!  Pretty neat, huh?

What's your favorite word?  Does it have repeated letters?  

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty fancy!!!

    I think summer is my favorite word, or maybe knitting, or sewing, or....Oh I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The concept of you out there, researching your way through dictionaries, hunting for the longest word you can find....hahahha!

    ReplyDelete