Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It's not easy bein' green...

Nope, it's not easy bein' green.  Just ask this sweater from my last post:
I had to do something to rescue the poor thing from the cats...
they thought it's sole purpose was to make the dining
room table a more comfortable spot for a sunshiny nap.
I don't remember when I actually acquired this sweater, but I do remember thinking to look at the construction to see if it would be suitable to take apart and unravel, in order to knit something else with the yarn.  I never, not even for a second, considered this a garment to be worn (by me) in the 21st century.  However, I recently ran across this green monster while cleaning out some of my stash space in the basement, and I have been contemplating it for some time.  What did it want to be???  

Enter Mr. Coffee...
Handsome, isn't he?
...who now lives on top of the fridge.  It's really dusty up there, and the black shows off the dust like it's on display in the Dust Bunny Museum, but it's the best out-of-the-way place to store an appliance that won't see much use in the heat of summer!  Tired of climbing on chairs to dust the thing, I took another look at the sweater, and I grabbed some green thread...
I cannot remember why I purchased green thread.  Perhaps I was
rescuing it, because I know it's not easy bein' green?
I started stitching, and then I cut off the sleeves...
I promise that the sweater was not in any
pain during the procedure...
Then I tweaked the seams, stitching, restitching and carefully trimming until I was happy with the shape.  After a little less than 30 minutes, I found that I had the solution to the dusty coffee pot...and now my coffee pot wears a green turtleneck!
"Psst!  It's like 95 degrees! Can you get Pretty to take this thing off of me?"
Sincerely, Mr. Coffee
Have you re-purposed anything lately?

In Knitting Knews, there have been more cloths, and I have also gotten back to the Baseball Sweater.  Oh!, and I cast on for a new letter a couple days ago.  More knitting pix coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

1 comment:

  1. I do believe that is just what that sweater wanted to be. I haven't actually re-purposed in a while, but I am saving coffee cans for a musician friend to use to make a set of stage lights.

    ReplyDelete