I know that today is St. Patrick's Day, and I know that St. Patrick's Day is all about the green, but. . .since Peanut's daddy did not make it home in time for a party last Saturday, we are celebrating St. Peanut's (Birth)Day today. . .and that means lots of PINK!!! Actually, we've been celebrating all week, but today is the day for sharing the celebration with family and friends. There has been much preparation, and Minnie Mouse (her favorite) has played a big part in our theme for the day...
(Disclaimer: If you are coming to the party later today, please act surprised at our kitchen craftiness. . .K? K. Thanks!)
The cupcakes were Mindy's idea, and they looked great when we finished them yesterday. This morning, I am just praying that the icing held up and they still look lovely for the party... Yes, the cupcakes turned out really cute, but the thing that really got me excited is the new recipe for sugar cookies I found...they are super yummy! I love my old recipes, but finding a new gem is sometimes just as priceless, and getting to use my Grandma's rolling pin in the process is a super bonus!
Keep reading for the recipe to these super-yummy cookies, but don't forget to stop and marvel at the craftiness of taking cookies, cut with a Micky-Mouse cutter...
...and turning them into super-girly Minnie Mouse treats for our little Peanut!
Mmmmmm!, and while I was at it this week, the baking and cooking for the party, I did manage to stop long enough to knit a letter M. . .there is just no end to the creativity at Pretty's house!
Now, I'm off to finish my end of the party prep. Thanks for stopping by, and Knit (or, bake some yummy sugar cookies) in Good Health! Here's the recipe:
Sugar Cookies from the Crisco Sticks Label
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time (350ºF): 6 min
Yield: 6 dozen 2-inch cookiesIngredients:
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 stick Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening Sticks
OR 1 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening
2 large eggs
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour, plus 4 tablespoons
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350º F.
- COMBINE sugar and shortening in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat until well blended and fluffy.
- COMBINE 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add to shortening mixture, beating at low speed until well blended.
- DIVIDE dough into 4 equal pieces; shape each into disk. Wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
- SPRINKLE about 1 tablespoon flour on large sheet of waxed paper. Place disk of dough on floured paper; flatten slightly with hands. Turn dough over; cover with another large sheet of waxed paper. Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Remove top sheet of waxed paper.
- CUT into desired shapes with floured cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
- BAKE 5 to 7 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet; transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.