Wednesday, January 25, 2012

...of FROGs* and laundry

I have not started to FROG* the bind off on the Abalone.  
However, I have ripped and started the re-knit on the sheep.

After that, I just stood there at the FROG* pond for the longest time, trying to decide how and where to jump in.  Finally, I just gave up and did some laundry instead...after all, the new washer and dryer arrived on Saturday...look how white and shiny!
OK, so they're not that shiny...but they are brand new!  I realized over the weekend that it's the first time we have bought a new washer and dryer...ever.  Our old set was a second-hand deal, over 20 years ago.  The ones the appliance store hauled off on Saturday weren't even a set, because the original washer went to the great appliance store in the sky 5 or 6 years ago, and it was replaced by a second-hand washer from a friend that was clunking as it cleaned for more than 18 months!  So, while these are not fancy, schmancy, HE machines, they are brand new and working like champs...dirty clothes in, and clean clothes out, purring like a kitten during their cycles...it's like a dream come true!  Yep, that's right...I dream big...lol!

In Knitting Knews, there has been much knitting.  A rip and re-knit means that lots of time has been spent on sheep, but I have not taken photos. . .and I did re-start the hat for Dollface, but all I have of that so far is ribbing. . .and I finished and gifted socks to Mindy (formerly Wifey-Poo, see first January post for 2012), and she loves them!  She (and I) actually jumped up and down when she opened them, and there were many "Yayyyys!" involved!

Oh, and I bought more patterns from KnitKnoodler (look for her links on Ravelry and in Etsy)...because you can never have too many knitted toys, and everyone absolutely NEEDS a knitted alphabet!  Don't you agree?  (Then go get some patterns for yourself!)  These are just fantastic!

Well, I guess that's it.  I just wish I had more time to knit every day.  Right now, Thursday is my favorite day of the week.  Thursday is the day that I get to spend 4 hours knitting, relatively uninterrupted, aaand I get to laugh with this bunch:
I love you girls!  And I love that tomorrow is Thursday!  Maybe a new day will give me the courage to head back to the FROG pond and work on that bind off. . .or maybe it will be a day to celebrate castonitis**, and knit a couple of toys!

In the meantime, thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

For my non-knitting friends, here is a key to some of the new vocabulary in this post:
*FROG - when you rip-it, rip-it, rip-it, pulling out your knitting failure
**castonitis - an illness that defies all knitting reason, causing the knitter to cast on multiple projects, even though she (or he) has many projects already in progress, and nowhere near completion.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Thursday...I can hardly wait! It's my favorite evening of the week too!!!

    ReplyDelete