Saturday, March 12, 2011

Gimme some water. . .

. . .cool, cool water. . .and where do you think I will find water in these here parts? Well, just about everywhere! There is frozen water. . .
. . . slushy water. . .
. . .fast moving water. . .
. . .and evidence of very recent, verrrry fast moving water. . .
. . .water moving at just over a trickle. . .
. . .we went for a walk in the park, and there was water everywhere! Luckily, the temperatures are a'climbin', and I can feel spring in the air. . .and that puts a spring in my step! Guess what else we saw on our walk? Plenty of sunshine. . .which makes for great shadows!
But by the time our 2-hour walk was winding down, the clouds had started to roll in. . .there will be more weather this evening. . .gotta love northeast Ohio in the "springtime," lol!
We saw these little snow buddies, resting on a bridge railing as we walked by, and I asked "Are you ready for spring?" They simply shuddered, and the big one comforted the little one with a, "There, there. . .some people are just so rude!" I won't lie. I did feel badly about my question. What was I thinking?
I got over it pretty quickly, tho. I asked Sweetie, as we drove home, "When do you think the crocuses will start to pop up?" As if they heard, there they were in the flower bed, next to the very tiny boxwood we planted last summer! Spring, you are definitely coming. . .I am sorry I doubted you!
Don't get me wrong, I have mostly enjoyed the winter. . .the time I have spent with yarn and needles that I will not want draped across my lap in the heat of summer. . .but I am ready for the spring! Oh, and I really hope the snow is over. . .sorry, little buddies. . .
Thanks for stopping by, and Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. We're so dry we crunch here. Please pass the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are wonderful! Nice walk, unfortunate that the snow buddies didn't answer!!!

    ReplyDelete