Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving, Baby Shower, Christmas

So, this has been my mantra for the last few weeks:
Thanksgiving, Baby Shower, Christmas, ohm!

College Girl asks weekly if we can put up the Christmas tree, because I AM the type of person to put up my tree obscenely early, but I respond (ticking off the items on my fingers):
"Thanksgiving. . .Baby Shower. . .Christmas. . ."

The Christmas decorations fly at church, and I even help. But at home, I repeat (repeatedly),
"Thanksgiving, Baby Shower, Christmas. . ."

Thanksgiving comes and goes, while I continue to knit-in-secret and attempt to feed and nurture my family, all the while mumbling (slightly under my breath),
"Thanksgiving. . .Baby Shower. . .Christmas. . ."

A Wednesday comes, and I intend to blog. Thanksgiving is over. The Baby Shower is this weekend, most of the planning is done. Christmas is still a distant day in December-land. I almost forget to come to Blog-land to update my friends.

Say it with me this time:
Thanksgiving. . .Baby Shower. . .Christmas. . .ohm!

One more thing ticked off my list. Now I have blogged. I feel somewhat accomplished, but still slightly astonished at my yet-to-do list for the season. I am sure that the important stuff will get done, and the rest can wait until after Thanksgiving, Baby Shower and Christmas!

Knit in Good Health!

3 comments:

  1. Knock Thanksgiving off your list. You are down to just Baby Shower, Christmas. A much easier list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember to breathe..You are so organized I am sure everything will go smoothly and the baby shower will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do we get to have pom-poms and matching outfits while we chant? I do the 'ohhhhmmmmm' part really well.

    ReplyDelete