Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hey!, Look what Got Out of my House!

I am calling this my first success! It's a small one, but it's a success nonetheless! A few months ago, I was gifted a bunch of yarn. . .all acrylic and only a skein of each color, with an occasional second skein of a similar enough color that I thought I could put them together. . .? I figured that these gift yarns would be perfect for charity knitting, and for getting to know my new (at the time) Bond USM knitting machine! Here's a photo of the stash:

Well, as you might imagine, I bit off a little more than I could chew with that! I did knit a few items with the machine, and they are mostly still languishing, awaiting the finish work. . . So, I would look over at those two giant bags of yarn every day, and I would feel badly that no charity or machine knitting was happening with them. . .I felt like such an un-charitable knitter! (Bad Knitter! Bad, Bad Knitter! Why aren't you knitting for charity, you Bad, Bad Knitter?!?)

Then a friend put out the all call for yarn to give to a women's home. Any yarn. All yarn of any type. The ladies were learning to knit and crochet, and
CWKnits (on Ravelry) was hoping to help out with some of our odd balls of yarn. Well, I did not even think twice! Thursday was nigh, so I packed up those bags and took them to knitting, and off they went to charity! Now, at least in my own mind, my charitable self is at least partially redeemed. I did not give knitting to charity, but I did give knitting supplies to charity. Bonus!, I got some "crap" out of my house! (Although, truth be told, no yarn is truly crap, it's just more than this knitter could deal with at the moment.)

So, I have started the challenge, and I am feeling pretty good about it. I actually have a pretty good plan to get more crap out this week, maybe even today (in time for the trash pickup tomorrow?), but whether that will happen or not remains to be seen.

Here's some stuff that recently left my house, but it is most-decidedly NOT crap! My winner,
Cricket54 has assured me that she has received her prize package, so I thought I would show you what she won!
I will freely admit that a couple of the smaller items in the package are a bit of a re-gift. . .but what's Christmas without a little re-gifting? There was Kroy sock yarn, a skein of Cascade 220 in natural with two packets of the ever-coveted Berry-Blue Kool-Aide for dying, a row counter with matching stitch markers from the shop, and a couple of little odds and ends from here and there!

Cricket sounded pretty pleased with the prize package, and I am glad that she liked everything! I can't wait until the next contest!

In Knitting Knews, I really wish I had some pictures to show you. Unfortunately, a little stomach bug over the weekend, coupled with the start of my Christmas Knitting (no peeking!), means that I did not add any knew knitting pictures to the mix! I have done some knitting I can photograph and show, but just did not get to that part yet! Yikes.

Still working on Wickerware Socks and Summer's End Cardigan, hopefully there will be photos on Saturday. And hopefully there will NOT be any digestive upset on Saturday.

Knit in Good Health!

No comments:

Post a Comment