Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And The Knit Goes On. . .

Sticks keep making fabric out of yarn;
Fabric wraps around to keep you warm.
Stitches, knit and purl, combine as one;
Non-knitters don't "get" the knitting fun. . .

And the Knit goes on,
And the Knit goes on.
And the Knit goes O-o-O-o-O-o-O-o-On,
And the Knit goes on!

And this knit goes on my foot! Well, truth be told, this Wickerware sock is a little small for me, even though I did stretch it all the way on for a piccie! But it will be looking for a smaller foot when it's mate is finished, nonetheless. hmmmm. . .who's got a smaller foot than me?
This knit goes on a baby head! It's the Simple Stripes Baby Hat that I started after I finished the sweater it was designed to match (which is sooo does, Yay!)!
And the Super Natural Stripes sweater was a quick and fun knit. I can't wait until the hat is finished and both pieces are laundered and ready to gift! Super-Striped Yay!
And this knit goes on me. . .eventually! lol It's the body of my Summer's End Cardigan. This is the body, which is supposed to be knit to 9" before the waist shaping, but I am gonna go longer.
I love the detail of this lace, and so far I have knit 5 repeats of the 10 row pattern for just under 9 inches. I am thinking at least 6 pattern repeats, maybe 7, still too early to tell. I love this color, every time I pick this up, I love the color more! I am so glad that I took the plunge to dye a sweater's worth! Yay!
And the knit goes on, and on, and on. . .as does the life of the knitter. Big Doin's at Pretty Knitty's house in the next couple years. Tune in on Saturday for more details!

Until then, Knit in Good Health!

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, now I'm going to have that song stuck in my brain all day. And a mental image of Cher in 60's clothes sitting on a piano.

    Cool knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff! Love the baby sweater, it is adorable..almost makes me want to make one for my great nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cozies haz small paws. Just sayin'...

    Now I need to go find my leather hat and bell bottoms. And iron my hair. Then if grew 10 inches in height, I'd look just exactly like Cher. Um-hum. My story. Stickin' to it. She's my twin. Cept I'm shorter. And blonde. And can't sing. But other than THAT...

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am loving those LOL School is almost back so you wont see me oh wait (i haven't saw you in so long lol) well got to go maybe see you tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Cher, when do you have time to do all this knitting with your touring schedule??

    ReplyDelete