Saturday, January 16, 2010

Is it? No, it couldn't be...it IS! DIAMONDS!!!

So, here is a picture of the completed afghan! It is the Diamond Trellis pattern, crocheted in Caron One-Pound yarn in creme. The base afghan was crocheted far shorter than the pattern called for, allowing for a wide, matching border. . .I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

In Knitting Knews. . .

I got my Cozy Spirit Yarn in the mail yesterday! This skein of worsted yarn is 100g of "Nearly Dusk" colors, and it's just so, well, COZY! Can't wait to hear it whisper to me of what it dreams to be. . .shhhhh, listen!

On the Mitten Front. . .

Another pair of the Flap-top Mittens, this time for College Girl! Now that we have her shins and head all warm, I just could not let those fingers freeze, could I? So here are some photos of the finished mitts (pattern improvised as in this post):
And here is the Mitten Back:
And, for those who asked on Thursday, here are a couple shots of me picking up the purl bumps that I knit into the mitt, just before the finger ribbing. . .
They are much easier to see and photograph on solid-color yarn! (Still, these are phone photos, so pardon the grainy-ness, if you please. . .
I was just telling the Hubster that I am currently knitting on socks for College Girl (pictures next time, I promise!) and mittens for College Girl. AND my very next planned knitting is another pair of legwarmers for College Girl. . .I hope she knows just what a lucky College Girl she is! (hee hee! I know that she does!)

Still praying for those in Haiti, and those with friends/family in Haiti. Anything else would be such an understatement, that I will just leave it at that for now. . .

Knit in Good Health!

2 comments:

  1. The afgan is lovely! And you know I already that I love the mitts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooh! My first yarn-in-a-blog! :-D Thank you for the spotlight!

    I love those mittens - the best of both worlds with that little flip-flap. Fingers in...fingers out...fingers in....

    ReplyDelete