Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ups and Downs and Ins and Outs

Life (more specifically, MY life) is full of ups and downs and ins and outs, and how we get through the curves determines where we end up! If you have been reading for any time at all, you know that I am a mom on the edge of an empty nest. . .and I am happy about it. But, I still worry about my little chickadees! And I wonder what decisions they will make in their young lives.

Now, don't get me wrong. The Papa Bird and I have taught them what they need to know, and for the most part they have learned well. It's the things they must learn on their own that make me the most nervous. . .like when the Boy Bird talks about buying fast and furious cars with bonus money.

Of course, on the flip side, these decisions sometimes make me so proud I could just bust!. . .like when the Girly Bird says she will still be leaving for college in 3 weeks, even though her best friend (who was supposed to be her roommate) is now NOT going to college with her. Emotional highs, emotional lows, being in their lives, trying to advise (or not - gasp) while gracefully bowing out so they can make adult decisions. . .oh, it makes me tired just thinking about it!

Thankfully, I have hobbies to keep my mind busy!
Like, oh, I don't know. . .watching TV with the cat. . .



Spending time with the Papa Bird. . .and with the Chickadee. . .and with the Chickadee-In-Law. . .

Knitting. . .
Another Cabled Laptop Bag for a friend of my Little Chickadee! Her mom saw the first one and requested a redeux! So I am a-deux-in' it!

And the first of the Sunday Swing Socks with my Destination Yarn. . .yummmm!

Volunteering at church. . .my regular job (also at church). . .

Blogging. . .reverse voyeurism, maybe?

Quoting the 1971 Willy Wonka. . .
"So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it."

So, I don't think my nest is feeling empty just yet. . .I just keep adding things in when the babies fly away. . .and so far, so full! (I will try to update you on that in September. . .what will I do with my time when my baby birdie leaves for school?) In the meantime, you guessed it. . .

Knit in good health!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! And wow your sock is turning out cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH no about your girlie birds roommate! I'm sure she'll be fine and make lots of new friends. Sure makes it a bit more scary though (I knew NO one when I headed off to UT and still met alot of great people!)

    Love how the sock is coming out! That pattern is perfect for Jeanne's yarn!

    ReplyDelete