Saturday, July 25, 2009

Another Saturday Night. . .

And I've got plenty of people around me! Haha! I spent most of the afternoon/evening at a grad party for a young lady at church, and many of my good friends were there. . .it was a lot of fun! Brenda throws a great party (Kevin too, I know he was at least partially involved)! And congrats to Cara and all the high school grads I know - you guys rock!

This morning, same old, same old. . .with a song in my heart. . .

Laundry, Laundry
You're always here
Laundry, Laundry
Seems like you never disappear. . .
But, Laundry day comes
just once a week around here!

Well, not entirely, but Saturday is the main laundry day for the Hubster and I. Besides laundry, we defrosted the fridge and I did some minor cleaning. . .not enough to break a nail or put on the rubber gloves for, just a little bit here and there. Someday, I hope to get around to my "spring cleaning" for this year. All in all, a good day!

In knitting knews, this week I completed the third piece in a set for College Girl to take with her in the fall. The Baroness Beret (below, top) was piece #1, and the fingerless gloves and neck cowl/scarfie thing were pieces 2 and 3 (or 2, 3 and 4, depending on how you look at it). I could not find any link to the patterns for the other pieces, which were in back issues of Creative Knitting magazine (Nov 2004 and Nov 2008).

This morning, I finished up the toe on sock 2 of my Groovy Socks! And they are groovy, indeed. And they make me feel groovy! There is something about the lacy rib pattern that hugs my feet and legs, yet does not feel at all tight. . .love them!

Since I had finished all my hangout projects, I decided to start two new things. A repeat of the College Cables bag I made for College Girl (by request of the mom of another College Girl), and a pair of Sunday Swing socks! These are a Knitty.com surprise pattern for this summer, and I knew the moment I saw it that it was THE pattern for the yarn I bought from Jeanne over at DestinationYarn! I had seen all of her "America the Beautiful" yarns in person (she is a member of my meet-up group), and when she brought the variegated that she made with her leftover dyes, well, I was slow on the uptake, but I knew I needed to have it! And I got it! And I found a pattern I think will look G-R-E-A-T in this yarn! Yay!
By the way, all the yarns over at DestinationYarn are based on places. . .check out the Vienna yarn, and tell me your mouth doesn't just water! Yummmmmmm!

Speaking of etsy, watch the shop for some specials coming next month! I am looking forward to a fun day tomorrow, but now I am going to bed.

Knit in good health!

1 comment:

  1. OMG Pam I have the Sunday Swing Socks Queued for my Destination Yarn tooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as I saw it I thought Perfet for Jeanne's yarn!! Scary how we are on the same wavelength sometimes! (I need to get color ink so I can print the pattern out) It will be fun to see how similar ours come out since our colors are slightly different!

    BTW your scarf, beret, and mitts are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete