Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sale in the Woods. . .

So, guess what they do over on Etsy. . .no, I mean guess. . .really guess. . .

While you are guessing, here’s a picture of the sweater I am currently working on:

It is based on the Sweater Wheel generator over at KnittingFool.com! I love that site, what with it’s sweater patterns in nearly any size imaginable. . .I just pick a person and enter their size, the yarn weight I plan to use and BAM! Pattern!!! What could be better? So this is a 6-12 month sweater (What can I say? I never swatch for gauge, and I was off, but it’s a baby sweater. . .at some point it will fit. . .just little adjustments to the length here and there, and viola! Did I say that I love this site?!)

Anyway, the yarn is Cot’n Corn by Bernat in the colorway Summerfield. It’s a little splittier than I like, but very workable. And my gauge is about 4.5sts/in rather than the 5sts/in the pattern calls for, so I am making everything a little longer to accommodate, and it will probably be a 9 month sweater more than a 6 month sweater. I think it will go over well anyway. . .

So have you guessed yet? What they do over on Etsy? I’ll tell you in a minute.

The other project I am getting ready to start is a set of golf club covers, called Wood Hoods from a pattern I found on Ravelry. No Pix yet, but the tops are knit with felt-able wool and fun fur. . .boy! My DH did not know what he was getting into when he asked for golf club covers! Ha ha ha ha! So, those are definitely in my plans, starting later today.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch. . .err, I mean over at Etsy. . .

There’s a YART SALE! Lots of etsy sellers are participating, so I figured, what the heck, I will too! So, from June 10 – 14, I will offer FREE SHIPPING on all orders, and I also have a special section for Yart Sale items with discounted pricing! Check it out over at PrettyKnittyJewelry! Check everyone out while you are there! I know my fave sellers would not mind if you looked them up. . .

Knit in good health!

1 comment:

  1. OH That sweater is cute! Love how that yarn is working out!

    Need you be such an enabler? I'm trying to be on a yarn diet!!!

    ReplyDelete